Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Absolutely Not!"

Well, there was a different doctor at the orphanage today. When asked if we could come visit he replied, "Absolutely NO! They are Americans and could have the Swine Flu, they are not permitted in the isolated area!" That is that for today I guess. So, today we spent the day walking around. The weather has been beautiful here, flowers and trees are blooming and everything is so pretty. Our hotel is very close to Red Square so we walked there today. We ate lunch at McDonald's and then we went to the Kremlin. We had not been there before, it was pretty cool. We got confused though because the signs said no cameras or videos so we checked in our bag (of course it took us forever to figure out where that was, and I even got scolded to in Russian but I was only trying to ask where the place was to put our bag!) but when we got inside the Kremlin there were people with video cameras and regular cameras! We still don't quite understand that one! Once we were inside we walked around and found this area with a bunch of cathedrals. Well, on our brochure it said we could go inside one of them. We couldn't figure out where to go in, so we walked up these steps and out of nowhere this man appeared asking why we were trying to go inside. So, we showed him our tickets and he pointed us in the correct direction. We have no idea where he came from, but it scared Daryle half to death. He thinks I am now on a "list" and they are watching me!! LOL When we found the correct cathedral to go in Daryle didn't want to go in, I guess he doesn't like being yelled at by Russian men! I went inside, it had a bunch of tsars and other famous people that were buried in there. I finally heard an interpreter in Spanish so I tried to listen and see if I could understand who some of the people were. Finally I heard some English so I tried eavesdropping on them a bit. I did buy a book about the Kremlin in there and it had really good pictures of what it looks like in there so now I don't feel as bad about not having my camera with me! We also got a chance to go inside St. Basil's Cathedral. We were brave and took some pictures inside there, it was really cool and not at all what I thought was going to be in there. It is not a church, just a lot of walkways and relics and different things displayed in there. There was this really cool walkway that was windy and seemed like a secret passageway of some sort. We got some pictures in there too. We just got back a little bit ago and we are worn out! Tomorrow morning we have court at 11 am. I am holding out hope that maybe we will get to see Connor tomorrow afternoon, but we will have to wait and see. I am trying not to be nervous about court, I hope I sleep well tonight! The next time I post we will officially be parents to two boys!! How exciting!!

No comments: