Monday, May 11, 2009

Feeling Stressed Out

Ok, this is one of "those" days where it is all catching up to me. I took a half day off of work to get our VISA's in order and now Travis is sick so we have a dr appointment in a little bit. We need our VISA's right away, so I had to pay extra for that but the good news is we got dual entry VISA's that are good for 90 days. That is a little cheaper than if we had to do single entry VISA's twice. We ended up using a different company than we used the last time, they are cheaper and much more accommodating. I will let you know what I think of them when we get everything back on time. Right now we are hoping and praying for court to be next week, Wed or Thurs.!!! That is why we need to get these VISA's done ASAP. Now we need to wait for the confirmation of the dates before we can schedule the plane tickets, we don't want to have to pay penalties for changing the dates. We could be leaving as early as Sunday, or maybe Monday, it depends on when court ends up being scheduled for. Of course, there is always a chance court will be the following week, whatever it is it will all work out in the end. It is so amazing to think we could be seeing and holding Connor again in just a week!! I wonder if he has more teeth, how much he has grown, and if he is doing anything new yet. I get so excited just thinking about seeing him again!

Let me vent about the VISA application for a minute. I feel like I might as well have sent a blood sample and a lock of my hair along with all of the other crazy things they wanted to know about us! Where did you go to college? What did you study? Who was your employer before the one you have now? Who was your supervisor of that job? What dates did you work there? Address? Phone number? What are your parent's full names? (I was shocked they didn't ask about siblings too!) What countries have you traveled to in the last 10 years? Have you had a Russian VISA before? Do you have special training in firearms? What??!!?? It took me some time to do this not once, but twice, one for me and one for Daryle. Not to mention we filled all of this out when we got our VISA's in March too. Sigh... well, it is done now and in the mail. At least I got to scan in our passport photos (yes, those are required for a VISA too) and I scanned in our passports so that she can get to work on that ASAP. Go, go Eva!!! I hope she pulls through for us!

Now let me vent and complain about our dr office for a minute. We have to have our medicals updated every three months, ours just expired this weekend. I gave our dr new forms to fill out LAST Tuesday, he was kind enough not to make us come in for an appointment, HOWEVER, when I went in there today the papers were still not done!!!!!!!! The cold-hearted receptionist told me they would be ready tomorrow. I calmly stared her down and told her we were going to Russia next week and that I NEEDED those papers TODAY. Well, she calmly stared back at me and told me no, they would be done tomorrow. She said they might be done tonight, but could make no promises. I asked her if she could PLEASE ask the dr and she denied me!!! I do believe in karma, she will get hers one of these days! I looked at her, I said, "Well then, I think you are going to make me cry." I put on my sunglasses, walked out the door, got in my car and burst into tears. It has been a really rough day. I am proud that I didn't have a total meltdown like I did when we had to go through this for Travis. By the time we needed one of these medicals towards the end of the process I thought I was going to go out of my mind! Anyway, we need to get these medicals so I can get them to Tuscon to be notarized, then sent back to Phoenix to be apostilled, back to Tuscon and to Moscow and all of this has to be done by next week .

Sorry for so much venting, if you have actually read this far I am sorry! I don't think I have done too much complaining on here, I saved it all up for today. The good news is we should know our court date tomorrow or Wednesday or maybe even Thursday. Bottom line is that by the end of the week we will know when we will see Connor again and when we will be having court. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes, we are really needing them!! And, if you are someone I see on a regular basis and I look a bit frazzled, well I am, but don't worry, it will pass! LOL

No comments: