Sunday, May 24, 2009

WE MADE IT!!!!

Hello!! Yes, we made it, and yes, I found the internet at our hotel. However, the connection is very S L O W so I will make this quick. We got on the plane to New York without a hitch. While in New York we found out the plane was overbooked. Daryle asked me what it would take for me to take a later flight, I said at least $1000!! Thinking NO WAY is anything like that going to happen! By the third time or so they asked for volunteers to take a later flight they mentioned flying First Class to London and then onto Moscow plus a good amount of money to fly on Delta in the future. So, since the flight to Moscow still go us in on Sunday (5:45 pm instead of 10 am) we did it. We got to fly on a new Delta plane that had "flat beds" in First Class. It was great, we each even had our own TVs and got to watch whatever we liked. Very nice. Now I can say I have been to London...only the airport...but I have been there! Anyway, we got to Moscow just fine and are all settled into our hotel. We got a very good night's sleep and just ate the most expensive breakfast ever. It was probably about $25 a piece and all we had were some pastries, some fruit, juice, coffee and some cereal. The milk was a little odd tasting so we didn't eat much of that. I have heard there is a McDonald's close by so I think we will venture there tomorrow. That is way too much to pay!! We are being picked up at 11:00 am to go visit Connor!! We are so excited. Travis gave us one of his webkinz for Connor to play with, we are excited to take a couple of pictures of that to show Travis! The weather so far is fine, in the 50's and 60's (a far cry from 107 it was in AZ last week!!). It will probably rain while we are here, it was in the forecast for each day. Well, I had better go! We have court on Wednesday at 11 am Moscow time. Now, off to see Connor!!

1 comment:

kate said...

First class on an international flight?? That's my dream.

Glad you're safely there. So sorry your baby is sick! Hope you get to love on him extra tomorrow.