Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Official!!

We just got back from court and it is official, we are now proud parents, again!!!! Court went smooth as can be, lasting only about a half an hour. A sharp contrast to the two hours of court we had when we adopted Travis. Daryle did most of the talking and then the judge asked me a few questions. When asked my date of birth I started to say "2000" but caught myself in time! It is a bit nerve wracking standing in a Russian courtroom with this judge looking at you and asking you questions. The funny memory we will take away from this court day was that while Daryle was asking his questions the window washers decided to clean the windows in the court room! They kept banging into the window, I thought they just might come crashing through at any minute! Everybody in court was so nice, the director of the orphanage was there and the rep from the Ministry of Education, both were extremely nice. Everybody was smiling and saying congratulations to us. It was an amazing moment to hear the judge say the court has accepted our petition to adopt and that we are now his parents. Wow! We were hoping to get to visit him today, but after court the director said he was still the same (low fever and still in isolation) and we could not go see him. Evidently there have been two Russian people who have returned to Russia from New York and have had the Swine Flu. I think they are being extra cautious around here, I can't say that I blame them. So, now Daryle and I are going to walk down to Old Arbat Street, we know there is an ice cream place there as well as a Starbucks. It isn't too far from our hotel and the weather is once again beautiful. Tomorrow morning we will be picked up at 8 am so we can be to the airport 3 hours early! Our flight leaves at noon tomorrow and we get home at 8:30 at night via New York. I am ready to get back to my bed and my "oldest son"!!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hip Hip Hooray! We are so excited for you. We can't wait to meet him. We are so glad everything went smoothly (except the getting to see him part). You guys are great parents. Your kids will grow up knowing that you would go to the ends of the earth for them because you already have.

P.S. I'm excited for your mom too. I can just see her smile now.

kate said...

Congratulations, Mom & Dad (again)!

Grammy said...

Yes, Kathryn, I am so excited!!! I am looking forward to the day when his little feet touch down in Arizona! One step at a time though. First get L&D back to town. Second, send them back over again to get Connor. Third, return with out little guy! Then DONE!!! Yeah!!!

mad white woman said...

Oh Lisa, this is exciting. Yeah, hooray! :) I can't believe how quickly it went (well, for me anyway as I watched on the sidelines). What a lucky little guy...